- Information We Collect
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide which personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, to facilitate the use of Optimal Mortgage Services content, you must provide personally identifiable information when registering.
- Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Websites. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Macintosh OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.), the specific areas of the Website that you visit, and the duration of your visit.
- How We Use & Share the Information Collected
- Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out our services. In the event you have become an Optimal Mortgage Services client, the personally identifiable information you submit to us will be used to identify you as an Optimal Mortgage Services client and to facilitate your access to client benefits. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information about our products and services or those of our other affiliated companies ("affiliated companies"), or to communicate with you about the services we have provided.
- Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
- Other Uses & Information
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that "serve up" web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Websites, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and may also be shared as provided above. We reserve the right to use IP addresses and any personally identifiable information to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website's users or the general public.
- Cookies: "Cookies" are small text files from a website that are stored on your hard drive. These text files make using our Website more convenient by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. Cookies themselves do not typically contain any personally identifiable information. We may analyze the information derived from these cookies and match this information with data provided by you or another party.
If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. When receiving email from us, we may place a small piece of code in that email to determine whether or not you can accept HTML images and whether or not you viewed and/or clicked on links contained in the email. This process does not leave any information on your computer, nor does it collect information from your computer. In the event you decide to unsubscribe from our newsletters or promotional emails we will honor your request within ten business days.
- Transfer of Assets
If Optimal Mortgage Services is sold or disposed of, whether by sale of assets, merger, or otherwise, any data collected by Optimal Mortgage Services through the Website or personal information that has been voluntarily provided by website Users to Optimal Mortgage Services may be furnished to the purchaser or successor in interest.
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright or other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website's users or the general public.
- Public Forums
As a business-to-business company, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. On-line registration and Optimal Mortgage Services Web site usage is restricted to adults who are professionally engaged in the businesses we serve. Kids under 13: Do not send any information about yourself to us--including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
- Keeping Your Information Secure
This Optimal Mortgage Services Web site takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on our Optimal Mortgage Services Web site and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our Optimal Mortgage Services Web site is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
This Optimal Mortgage Services Web site also uses password encryption to ensure your privacy when registering for newsletters, events, and other Optimal Mortgage Services related media. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect through all channels. We maintain a secure process to collect, transmit, and store your personally identifiable information. When you provide information online, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect it. However, no method of transmitting or storing electronic data is ever completely secure, and therefore we cannot warrant or guarantee that such information will never be accessed, used or released in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
We urge you to keep your online password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This ensures that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or Internet cafe.
Information relating to Customer transactions, such as contact information, file upload, and document transfer will remain confidential, and will be used by Optimal Mortgage Services for the purpose of delivering services as requested by the Customer. Uploaded documents will only be disclosed as otherwise required by contract, law, or regulation. Information received from interaction with our Customers will be deemed confidential and used only for the services offered by Optimal Mortgage Services. We limit access to information or documentation to those employees who require access to complete their work on behalf of the client.
We employ encryption and third-party firewall filtering technologies. Firewall filtering uses a set of related programs to protect the resources of a private network from users from other networks. It serves as a defense barrier between the Optimal Mortgage Services server and the Internet; granting access and information only to those who are authorized.
Netscape's Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is the standard technology for secure, Web based communications. All traffic between Optimal Mortgage Services’ customers and the Web server is encrypted with a unique “session key.” SSL is built into server hardware, and requires a “digital ID” in order to be functional. These layers of protection virtually guarantee that unauthorized parties cannot view information thereby providing secure communications between the Web server and our client.
Optimal Mortgage Services periodically receives and sends data files as email attachments. For security, Optimal Mortgage Services employs various state-of-the-art virus checking programs before introducing emailed files into our internal systems. When the data being transmitted is of a sensitive or confidential nature, we recommend the files first be zipped and password protected. The password can then be communicated to the designated recipient by telephone, thereby providing the ability to unzip and access the data files.
Optimal Mortgage Services’ FTP (File Transfer Protocol) Site requires pre-authorization. Each authorized client firm is issued their own user account, password and secure folder that will be used for all FTP transactions.
- Other Sites
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing catering services or other services or products referenced on our Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
- Contact Information
Optimal Mortgage Services
516 Tennessee St
Memphis TN, 38103
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits, features and services offered on or through our Website.